Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, March 4, 2012

26. A night to remember

Henry's*  parents rented a car for us to drive to his prom. Since it was his senior prom, his parents wanted it to be the nicest prom he had gone to yet. Henry showed up in a very nice rented Cadillac. He knocked on the door to my house and my mom opened up the door. The look on his face was the best part of the night. Now, I was one of the biggest tomboys you would ever meet, so for him to see me with makeup on and everything was kind of a big deal. But nothing could prepare me for his reaction when he saw the way I looked.

We did our usual where our parents took a ridiculous amount of pictures of just the two of us, just us by ourselves, and then us with Lizzie* and Tony*. Then the four of us piled into the Caddy and went to a nice little bistro for our dinner reservations. I had braces at the time, so I had to be real careful as to what I ate. Didn't want to show up to prom with lettuce and stuff hanging in my teeth!

After we finished dinner, we still had a couple hours before the prom started, so we went back to Henry's town to visit with his dad. This is where Henry and I separated from Tony and Lizzie. Tony wanted to take Lizzie by his house to show her off to his parents, and Henry and I were meeting up with Heath* and his girlfriend Dani*. This is the same girl that hung out with us on New Years Eve, so I wasn't very excited to be spending that evening with her. Heath had broken the heart of one of my friends to be with her, so I never fully trusted her, but I digress.

The four of us piled into the car and headed to the prom after hanging out with Henry's dad for a little bit. Dani had a flask and had brought some liquor in it, which she and Heath sat and drank in the back seat of the car. They offered some to Henry and I, but I refused and told Henry that if he drank while he was driving us, even if it was one sip, that he could just forget about me staying at the prom and I would have my mom come pick me up. So because I was  a bitch about it, Henry didn't drink either.

Once we got to the venue, Henry and I picked out a table and sat down for a little bit. My typical shoe attire every day was a pair of tennis shoes, so the small 3 inch heels were killing my feet. We sat down for a little bit, until Lizzie and Tony joined us, then the four of us headed to the dance floor and danced the night away. We danced all the normal ones you hear, like YMCA, Cha Cha Slide, and the Electric Slide too. But the one dance that I will never forget was a slow dance that Henry and I shared. "Our song" was a Hoobastank song that he and I loved a lot, but the song never got played. Instead, during the song "Amazed," a country song by Lonestar, Henry sang the entire song to me. Like I said, his voice was sexy, so hearing him sing to me was fantastic.

He and I stayed the duration of the prom, and then returned to his house so I could change. I think originally we were planning on going bowling after the prom, but because we had stayed for the whole time, we didn't want to pay just to bowl half a game. Instead, we decided to meet up with everyone at IHOP. I don't really like pancakes all that much, and to be honest I was exhausted and was just ready to go home. But we pulled into the IHOP parking lot and sat and talked for a little bit, and then he decided that he was ready to go home too.

I can't remember if I was allowed to stay the night with him or not. If I wasn't allowed to stay the night, I know I was allowed to stay out past my curfew. I feel like I did stay the night with him, but I can't really remember. I know I got home very early the next day. Henry and I didn't have sex that night just because I was so tired. It was one of the best nights of my life.

Even though that night created a euphoric memory for me, Henry and I were in high school, and you know how often high school relationships last....

My name is Blake*, and prom can truly be a magical night, just as long as you are smart about it. I didn't drink that night, and it was one of the best proms I ever went to.

*all names have been changed to protect the innocent and not-so-innocent

No comments:

Post a Comment