Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

19. First birthday with a serious boyfriend

Henry* and I's relationship was good at the beginning (I'm pretty sure I mentioned that already). He and I had been together for about two and a half months before my Sweet 16th rolled around. Now, I was just a lowly sophomore in high school, and I abandoned quite a few of my friendships from my school. Plus my mom was a little poor, so we didn't have huge plans for my 16th birthday. Henry wasn't going to let that happen.

He convinced Tony and Lizzie to meet up with us for dinner and a movie the weekend before my birthday. To be honest, I couldn't tell you what movie we went to, but he let me pick it. I probably picked a chick flick. But he did take m to our favorite restaurant in his hometown, and then surprised me with my birthday present. He bought me a very nice Fossil watch with the face of it having my favorite color. I was kind of beside myself because I knew how expensive Fossil watches were.

My birthday also happened to fall on Thanksgiving that year, and he wanted to make sure that I had a good day. Instead of going with his family for Thanksgiving, he instead came with me to my family's. I can't exactly remember the details of my birthday weekend. I barely even remembered him being there, until I was reminded that he came with us out of town. I'm sure I went to dinner and a movie that weekend too, except for in the next state over. Henry and I went to dinner and a movie pretty often. Almost every date.

I will say this about it, it was probably the best birthday present I could have ever asked for. I never expected anything quite like that from someone I had barely been with.

My name is Blake*, and this was the first piece of jewelry I got from a boyfriend. And I loved it! And still have it. what?!


*all names have been changed to protect the innocent and not-so-innocent

No comments:

Post a Comment