Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, January 16, 2012

17. Awkward first dates

As I mentioned in my last post, Henry* and I went on a date as a couple for his birthday. It was also our first solo date. We had hung out with Lizzie* and Tony* once before, but had yet to do anything just the two of us.

I actually had a softball tournament that weekend, and he drove to it to see me. He also brought his twin brother and his father. It was very awkward to meet his father about a week or two after I met him.

Being the young cub that I was, I didn't get to play too much, but I still got to play catch and take grounders and whatnot. During one of our games, Lizzie reached over and told me that Tony and Henry were there. I look in the crowd, find Tony, but I didn't see Henry. Instead, I saw his twin brother. They did look a lot alike, but I could definitely tell the difference between Heath* and Henry. Henry was tall and lanky, and Heath was just as tall but a little chubbier, and definitely in the face.

So after the game I walked up to Heath, and he says "Hey babe!" I said, "Hey HEATH, where's Henry?" Then he starts cracking up laughing and asks how I knew it was him. I told him that even though I had only seen Henry once before, I knew what he looked like pretty well. But Heath also had their dad with him, so not only did I meet their father a couple weeks after I met Henry, I also met him without Henry being there.

Once Henry finally got there, we made plans to hang out later that evening after I went home and showered and whatnot. We decided on dinner and a movie. Do you remember my post about Barry* and how I said I was friends with his sister for a while? Well she had texted me while I was getting ready and wanted to hang out. Basically, she wanted to use me and my boyfriend for his car because she wanted to see another guy, Nolan*. All three of us (me, Nolan, and Barry's sister) were under age and couldn't drive, but she wanted to see Nolan that night. Henry was nice enough that he said he didn't mind taking her to the movie, but he just wanted dinner to be just us. I was okay with that.

After dinner, we went and picked up Barry's sister and Nolan, and then headed to the local theater to watch a movie. Mind you, this was my first date with Henry, and I was a little prude. (A lot prude.) Henry and I just sat and watched the movie with Barry's sister and Nolan very loudly made out throughout the entire movie. I felt awkward and apologized to Henry, and he told me not to worry about it, that he actually didn't mind them and that he actually liked that I didn't try that on our first date. I'm pretty sure Nolan even went down her pants in Henry's back seat on the way back. It was gross.

Henry didn't even kiss me as we left, because I told him I didn't want to just yet. He was very respectful in the beginning.

My name is Blake*, and Barry's sister is just as sleazy as Barry...

*all names have been changed to protect the innocent and not-so-innocent


Nolan comes into play later in my life when I go off to college, and Heath adds a little more to the story while I'm still with Henry.

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog :) it's amazing and funny. Also love how you sign it off every time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I wish that it wasn't all true, but it totally is! And thank you, that was something I decided to do on a whim with my first post, and I have just kind of stuck with it.

      Delete