Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, November 14, 2011

14. A very young start

At the end of the summer of Hugo*, another boy from church caught my attention. It started in a weird way, because he was trying to get me to hang out with his friend when all I wanted was him. I don't exactly know what it was about Barry* that caught my attention. He wasn't super hot, he wasn't super nice. The only thing I can think is that he was kind of a bad boy. He was always getting into some kind of trouble.

Barry had a little sister that was my age. She and I were pretty good friends. We spent a lot of time together both at church and outside of it. She and I had a quick friendship that faded just as quickly as it sparked.

One weekend, she asked me to come stay the night. I went, super excited to be seeing Barry and his younger brother Frank*. Frank was definitely the prettier of the two, but like I said, Barry's bad boy reputation had me on edge.

Most of the evening, the four of us hung out watching music videos and eating pizza.

Then the time came for us to all go to sleep. Naturally, I went to bed in my friend's room. The next thing I know, I'm being woken up by Barry. I then followed him into his room. This was the third boy I had ever kissed. He was a couple years older than I was, and I can tell you, more experience usually does mean better. Now, I didn't lose my virginity at the tender age of 14, but he was also the first boy that I let touch me. I let him touch me wherever he wanted, and didn't think twice about it.

Looking back, it was probably the dumbest thing I could have ever done. That night, he made me believe that he liked me too, only to ignore me for a couple weeks before he started dating a girl who was my best friend. And to this day, not many people know about my late night rendezvous.


My name is Blake*, and sexual contact at a young age is a recipe for disaster.

*all names have been changed to protect the innocent and not-so-innocent


Update on Barry:
Barry and I continued to be friends for a while. There were even a couple more instances throughout high school where he and I would randomly kiss, but nothing more.
Barry got married shortly after high school, just before he left for the military. He is still married and has a kid. But he's sleazy. He got drunk one night and started texting me and was trying to be dirty. It straight up pissed me off, and I put him in his place. He felt bad and apologized, but it still pissed me off.

No comments:

Post a Comment