Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

18. Silly nights make for awesome memories

Henry* and I got a long great in the beginning. I would skip my high school's football games to attend his, hang out with him for a little bit afterwards, and then he'd take me home (I didn't have my license yet). Most weekends, he'd either come and spend time with me and my family, or he'd come pick me up and take me to  his hometown for a date at a couple of our favorite restaurants (they weren't around my hometown). Most of our dates were dinner and a movie. I enjoyed it a lot.

At one point, we convinced my friend Haley* that she needed to date Henry's twin brother Heath*. The cool thing about Haley is that she also lived pretty far away from where our parents were too. There was one weekend that her mom was going out of town, so we convinced the boys to come over and hang out with us. They weren't staying the night, we just wanted them to come hang out. It was definitely a girls' night with a little bit of testosterone injected for some fun.

The girls and I started the night out like normal--movies and snacks. Then we started getting silly. Then the boys came just barely after dark (they had told us they weren't coming anymore) and scared the shit out of us.  They started banging on the doors and windows and shining flashlights into the house. So what did we do? We hid. And almost started crying. We debating calling our moms and the cops, but then they called each of us and said they were outside. The bastards.

Once we calmed down, we did what any normal 15-16 year olds would do when they were home alone with their boyfriends: We played hide and seek in the house! (What were you thinking?!)When neither I nor Henry were "it," we would hide together and hold each other and kiss constantly. That's what caused us to be found. Every. Single. Time. We still hadn't had sex at this point, so kissing was as far as it went.

Eventually, we decided to stop playing hide and seek and sat down to watch a movie. I don't even think we finished the movie before the guys headed home.

It was a night full of silliness with good friends, and it was one of the most fun nights I've ever had with some of my best friends.

My name is Blake*, and this was before I lost my innocence.

*all names have been changed to protect the innocent and not-so-innocent

No comments:

Post a Comment