Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, August 25, 2011

4. Return of testosterone!

If I remember correctly, I left off with heading back to the other end of the state.

I started off second grade halfway through the school year right back at my old school. Of course because I had been gone a year and a half, no one remembered me and I got a lot of attention. Even from the baby second graders. I think I found Jordan* again, but he didn't remember me. I got a lot of attention from a boy named Zeke*. He gave me an extra treat in my Valentine's box at our Valentine's Day party. Even though I was terribly boy crazy, I somehow learned that boys had cooties at this point and hated the attention.

It's funny how a school year and a summer can change your way of thinking. We're skipping over third grade because nothing eventful happened and moving on to the fourth grade. Enter Fred*. Fred was THE BOY that every girl wanted to be her boyfriend, and every girl was. When Fred asked me to be his girlfriend, I was going to be girlfriend #4. I told my mom about it, and she told me I could be his girlfriend (WHAT WAS SHE THINKING?!) but he had to break up with girlfriends #1-3 before I could. So I told him. And he did. Mom loved this kid (and still does to this day). He lived in our neighborhood and would frequently come over for dinner. His dad would whistle for him when it was time to come home, and he would be over at my house before I woke up on Saturdays. I remember thinking that one of my friends, Lizzie*, was jealous of us because she was one of the other girlfriends. She probably wasn't, but it was still cool to think that I had the IT boyfriend.

I think that's enough about Fred for today. He's a fun story and I've got plenty more to share for tomorrow.

My name is Blake*, and I'm such a skank that I was a home wrecker long before I knew such things existed.
:)

*all names have been changed to protect the innocent and not-so-innocent

Update on the boys in this entry:
Zeke and I also went to school together until we graduated. About 2 years after we graduated, he began to date a girl who moved to a different state when we were in fourth grade. They are now married and have a very beautiful daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment