Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

3. Back to the cousin and XY love thing

You know, I really wish that I could remember anything about my time on the other side of the state. We were only there for a year and a half, and I have vague flashbacks about my time spent there. But one thing I do remember is that no matter where we went, my cousin's boyfriend was always with us. And he was always bringing his brother(?) with him to hang out with me.

We would go fishin' for crawdads all the time. They'd hang out at my grandparents' house with me and her. They'd go with us up to the convenience store almost every day. They'd walk us home from school.

I can't remember either of their names, or what they looked like, I just remember them being there.

I say my cousins helped feed my addiction for the XY chromosome because they were just as boy crazy as I was. Both of them had their first child around the age of 15; one is 2 years older than me and the other is 5 years older.

I probably would have been headed down the same path if mom had not come to the rescue and said she was moving us back to the other side of the state to be with her side of the family. For that, I am forever grateful. I do not have any children (had some scares here and there though) and have completed my college education.

We'll return to the boys tomorrow.

My name is Blake*, and I thank God almost every day that I didn't have children at a young age. And that's the honest-to-God truth. Those babies would have had a terrible life being poor.

No comments:

Post a Comment