Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, August 22, 2011

1. It all has to start somewhere

Any woman who has similar stories to mine can pinpoint the instant that their life as what society would deem a "skank" began. This is the very beginning of the beginning. I honestly have more than one event that damaged my self-esteem quite a bit, but I fought back and am one of the strongest women you will meet today. (I'd almost have to be to throw my life out there for all the world to read.)

There are also many women just like me that will deny to your face all day long where her issues started: we've all got daddy issues. Ask me this in person, and I might call you a liar. If you catch me on a good day, I'll admit I have a little bit of it, but I'll use the bigger term and say I have a little bit of trust issues.

My parents separated and divorced when I was around 10. I was a daddy's girl to the core. I have three siblings, and we got to still visit him frequently after the divorce. He lived on the other end of the state, so we would drive half way to meet him to spend the weekend with him. When I was little, I didn't know it, and I didn't understand it, but he just stopped showing up. Our mother protected us from this knowledge, and instead began to busy us in sports. We played every sport and began to have tournaments and games almost every weekend. I guess he showed up randomly a couple weekends and called to bitch out  my mom for "keeping us from him." But to her, he had abandoned us and she didn't want to spend time and money driving half way across the state for us to sit for a few hours and he never show. The courts mandated what times we were supposed to meet, and mom always gave him extra time.

When I was little, I didn't really understand that we were being left by my dad. I remember being a little brainwashed by my father about us not seeing him, he would say that my mom was keeping us from him.

I also learned way later in life (after I had gone to college) that what I thought was a whole month of getting to spend time with my father was actually him refusing to bring us back. So I was also kidnapped by my own father. No worries though, mom came to the rescue.

My father's name is Justin*, and he's the one who helped me begin to have trust issues with every guy from here on out.

My name is Blake* and this is the beginning of my downfall into a self-proclaimed skank.

*all names have been changed to protect the innocent and not-so-innocent

No comments:

Post a Comment