Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

37. The fun part about being in serious like with a prude little freshman

The end of basketball season came along, along with my own heartbreak. You see, basketball was my sport. Yes I played other sports, but basketball was my first love. We never were all that good in basketball so we never made it far in the playoffs, but each year I cried after my last game of the season because I knew I was one season closer to not playing anymore.

After we finished up basketball, James* went straight to baseball and I went to off-season for softball. This year, there were only three of us in it, so I worked on my pitching and batting every single day. We also did a lot of conditioning that spring. All kinds of running and bleacher drills. I looked damn good by the time spring break came along.

Unfortunately, spring break wasn't eventful. If I remember correctly, James would still have practices and games, but he would almost always come visit me when it was over because I lived across the street from the school.

James and I would spend our days and evenings watching whatever baseball game was on TV and SportsCenter. He gave me a love for a new baseball team, and we would cheer them on together. Then I would get bored and fall asleep on my bed while he continued watching SportsCenter.

As much time as James and I would spend in a bed together, we never actually did anything more than kiss. Not make out, just kiss. Trust me, I wanted a make out sesh more than anything, but it just wasn't James' style. He barely liked kissing at all. I guess everyone he had been with before were sloppy kissers, I don't really know. Anytime I tried to kiss for more than a couple times in a row he'd pull away. I still liked it for some reason though. It's whatevs.

Since we didn't kiss, we sure as hell didn't do anything else. Not yet anyways. That's to come.

Spring break and the entire month of March seemed to fly by. Before I knew it, prom was coming around again, so I started looking for dresses and ideas for what i wanted James to wear. The cool thing about him being a freshman is that he told me "Blake*, it's your prom. I'll do whatever you want me to. I just want it to be perfect for you."

Coming up next, my junior prom.

My name is Blake, and the carefree, easy relationship was what I loved most about James. however, I also wished it was a little more. Hopefully you'll understand eventually.

*all names have been changed to protect the innocent and not-so-innocent. Mostly, I'm the not-so-innocent.

No comments:

Post a Comment