Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

33. A little downtime to prove my like.

I can't exactly remember if the following events occurred before or after NYE, but I know this is when James* and I started to be a little more serious.

You see, even though James told me that he liked me often, it took a while for it to get that way.

One night, I convinced him to go with me to Fiona's* neighbor's house and hang out with a bunch of the guys and girls from the basketball teams. He played street ball with one of the guys for a couple hours while each of us girls got all mushy over each of the guys there (we were perfectly paired off). A couple of the guys were cute, but I only had eyes for James.

Eventually the boys stopped playing ball, and we all headed inside to watch some movies. Two couples headed to the bedrooms to do what they do, and me, James, and one other couple stayed inside. I wanted so badly to just kiss James, but he wouldn't have it. I tried EVERYTHING to kiss him, and he just didn't want to be having a public display there in front of God and everybody. Eventually I just gave up and we sat in the recliner together to watch who knows what movie.

Eventually his mom called and told him he needed to be home. While we were on our way home, he told me he wanted to spend more time with me. So I drove him home, and he told me to drive down the street just a little bit, and he'd put his mom in her bedroom then come get me. So I did what he said. I was in serious like with this young cub, and would have stolen the moon for him if he asked me to.

I wish I could say that he and I actually ended up kissing all that night, but it just wasn't his style. Instead, he was just super sweet the whole night  and held me...he was also obsessed with the song "Bless the Broken Road" by Rascal Flatts at the time, so it played on repeat throughout the whole night.

We laid in his bed talking for hours, and he held me, kissed me on the forehead, and held my hand all night. It was beautiful.

About 4 a.m. rolled around, and I told him I was sooooooo tired and that it was going to suck ass trying to drive back to my house. His mom was also going to be waking up in the next 30 minutes - hour and we didn't want to cause problems with her.

He walked me to my car, and I drove on a cloud the whole way home. I knew I was headed for trouble and I was running into the wall of love hoping for a concussion.

My name is Blake*, and I can't listen to Bless the Broken Road without thinking of that night. It forever changed me.

*all names have been changed to protect the innocent and not-so-innocent

No comments:

Post a Comment