Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

39. Junior Prom part 2

Oh man. Sorry about that month long hiatus. I don't know where the time went. But let's get back to the story....

So I left you all in anticipation about once James* finally opened his front door to let me in.
I didn't know that James was going to be home alone, but he opened the door and just stopped for a second. He seemed to be a little speechless, which mad me grin from ear to ear. I rushed his butt out the door and sped back to my house so that we could take a few pictures with my family before we got on our way to dinner. James and I met up with everyone else at an Italian restaurant in town. When I say we had a big group, I mean we had a HUGE group. I'm pretty sure we had either 17 or 19 people. As you can imagine, dinner took a forever long time, and we ended up getting to the prom venue about an hour and a half after it started.

First and foremost, I have was, am, always have been, and always will be a lover of dancing. So I went to the prom to get my groove on. Unfortunately, my huge group of 17 or 19, including my James, didn't share my love of dancing the night away. Well, all except for one person. You see, Chase* came with us to the prom. He was a year older than I was, so it was his senior prom. And Chase and I had a little bit of history. My freshman year in high school, he and I were on the football homecoming planning committee. This year just happened to be the last year that my school held a dance. Chase was one of the nicest guys in school, and he asked me to dance....then told me that he thought I was beautiful I just ended up telling him I wasn't interested (remember, I couldn't tell you who I liked freshman year). After that, Chase hung out with my group of friends, which is how he ended up going to the prom with my huge group.

Anyways, most of my friends stood off to the side during the dancing part, including James. Every now and then, I could drag James to the dance floor for a slow dance, but he still wasn't a fan. Chase would dance with me quite a bit, and I think it finally gave James a clue that he needed to spend time with ME.

After we were at the venue for about an hour, everyone decided they wanted to leave to head to a bowling alley.I however, was not done dancing the night away, and told James he could leave with them if he wanted but I was staying put. He looked at me like I was crazy, and ended up staying the duration of the prom just for me. I knew he wanted to leave just as much was everyone else, but because he cared about me, he stayed just for me.

It was kind of a good thing he did too, I won a $50 door prize and he won a $100 door prize for staying the whole time. It was legit.

Afterwards, we went bowling for roughly an hour, then went and hung out with some of the guys in our group at his house.

I took him home roughly around 4 a.m., and enjoyed getting to sleep in the entire Sunday morning, reminiscing about how perfect it was spending my entire evening with James.

My name is Blake*, and I was crazy about that kid at this point.

*all names have been changed to protect the innocent and not-so-innocent. Mostly, I'm the not-so-innocent.


Chase went into the military after high school. Right now he is engaged. I don't talk to him much anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment