Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

8. There is more to junior high romance than what there may seem.

It took me all of about 4 months to realize that there was no way I was going to be able to make a move on Nathan*. So instead, I let another boy catch my attention...

Enter Bane*. Bane and I became friends through a mutual friend. She lived down the road from him, and she and I were best friends. The guy and I played basketball together, and at one point Bane and I hit it off really well. Now, I know what you're thinking, getting involved with a best friend's friend is just a recipe for disaster. It surprisingly wasn't.

About halfway through the year, Bane and I started hanging out regularly. We quickly exchanged numbers and began hanging out on an almost regular basis. Bane was the first person I ever kissed. I don't want to spill too much about it, just know that it was sloppy and awkward, just how first kisses usually are.

When Bane and I finally broke up, it was messy and ugly. I broke his heart. I don't know why, but after about three months, I just didn't want to be his girlfriend anymore. He cried a lot. I just couldn't keep my mind off of Harry*. Even though Harry still never payed me much attention, he was still everything I wanted. Summer after seventh grade year, we finally started talking to each other on a regular basis.

My name is Blake*, and first break ups are always the worst.

*all names have been changed to protect the innocent and not-so-innocent

Update on Bane:
Bane and I went to high school together. He and I never really spoke much more throughout high school, and we have since lost touch with each other. I have no idea what's going on with his life currently....

No comments:

Post a Comment