Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

6. Sixth numbered post to correspond with sixth grade, how convenient.

I left you last night with the story of Noah* and I. Noah took up almost all of my fifth grade year, and I went into the summer between 5th and 6th grade excited for the upcoming school year. I was allowed to start attending the youth group at my church, and there was a boy going into 7th grade that I was IN LOVE with, Harry*. Harry and his family had been a member of the church longer than I have, but something about an older boy just got me.

I began to start doing things I thought Harry would think is cool just to hopefully get his attention. I even started pushing myself to lift heavier weights in our summer weight lifting program just in the hopes that he would think I was cool.

The downfall of that summer was that I didn't get to go to church camp with our youth group. Harry came back with about 3 or 4 numbers of girls he had met that week. My hopes were crushed slightly, but I hoped that he would come around and see that we were meant to be together (ohhh how DUMB I was when I was a kid!)

I went into 6th grade still utterly in love with Harry, but it went nowhere fast. We hung out with a lot of the same people because we both played sports, but that was about it.

Honestly, I can't remember if I had a "boyfriend" at all that year. Even though Harry never made it to that point, he was my obsession for many years, so you can bet that he is still a part of this story!

My name is Blake*, and talking about all these boys I was "in love with" in junior high is ridiculous.

*all names have been changed to protect the innocent and not-so-innocent

No comments:

Post a Comment